Reception and Event Planning
We offer the finest in personalized service to assist you in planning your special event. From the moment you first contact us to discuss your requirements, one of our team members will work with you to plan a memorable celebration. The first step is to choose the appropriate space at the Estates. Our Sales team is here to suggest the ideal space for your event, by considering the number of guests you expect, and the style of event that you want – a formal seated meal, an elegant cocktail reception, or a casual buffet or barbeque. Naturally, you will want to look at the proposed room, and you may want to bring some family members with you. We would be more than happy to book an appointment to show you our magnificent grounds.
Please call us at 416-487-3841 to arrange an appointment that is convenient for you. Once you have decided on the room you want, we will prepare a contract to confirm your space.
Once your event is booked, you will be contacted by one of our Catering representatives who will guide you through the rest of the planning process. Working with them, you will determine a menu and beverage selections that will suit your budget and your special event. You will also decide on an agenda for the event, and discuss the set-up of the room or rooms that you will be using.
Beyond helping you with all the details at the Estates themselves, our team can also connect you with some of the additional suppliers required for the perfect event. If you need a florist familiar with the Estates, a band, DJ, decor specialist or a photographer who knows where to find the most picturesque spots in our 40-acre gardens, we can provide you with a list of professional and reputable suppliers.
Every special event at the Estates of Sunnybrook includes dedicated outdoor space in which to take photographs. Spring, summer and fall, our landscaped gardens provide spectacular backdrops for your cherished wedding photographs. As well, the homes are furnished with grand fireplaces, exquisite wood paneling, and sweeping staircases, all of which make ideal indoor locations for memorable photographs.
We regret that photography at the Estates of Sunnybrook is limited to those who are hosting their event with us.
The Estates of Sunnybrook can offer wedding ceremony locations to any couples hosting their wedding receptions at the Estates. Our exquisite gardens offer some of the most picturesque settings in the city for outdoor ceremonies. The Arbor is a beautiful wooded setting available to wedding parties hosting their receptions in either ballrooms at Vaughan Estate. Brides and grooms using our Courtyard Ballroom can enjoy the stone-walled Courtyard Patio as the location for their ceremony.
McLean House is graced with extensive landscaped gardens, which provide the ideal spot for an outdoor ceremony in this beautiful historical home.
The Coach House offers a secluded patio or small wooded area for wedding ceremonies.
Naturally, we also offer indoor ceremony spaces during the cooler months, or in case of inclement weather.
Our indoor and outdoor ceremony locations are provided with seating, a signing table (if required), as well as electrical power for your musical accompaniment if requested.
Your Sales representative can provide you with cost of holding your wedding ceremony at the Estates of Sunnybrook.
Other Important Information
The following are some more important points that you should be aware of when booking an event at the Estates of Sunnybrook:
- All equipment and decor must be dismantled and removed by 45 minutes after the end time of the function or an overtime charge of $350/hour will be levied.
- The Estates has limited storage capacity and is not in a position to accept delivery of flowers in advance. We request that your flower supplier coordinate delivery and set-up just prior to your event. Transportation of floral arrangements from ceremonies to the dining room should be arranged with your florist.
- Rehearsals may be arranged with our Catering department, however, we cannot guarantee a rehearsal date until 2 weeks out, based on our booked business. Please note that rehearsal areas may not be set-up as per your ceremony arrangements. There may be a fee for after hour indoor rehearsals. Please speak to your Catering representative for additional information.
- Additional power needs should be discussed no later than two weeks prior to the function date. Standard electrical power is available in all rooms. Arrangements for additional power can be made with the Estates. Costs will be assessed based on requirements.
- The Estates does not provide labour or equipment (carts, dollies, etc.) for unloading, moving, or loading of decor or equipment.
- A fee is paid to the Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN) for your right to use music which is copyright. The charges are as follows:
- Event without a dance with 1-100 capacity: $20.56 + H.S.T.
- Event without a dance with 101-300 capacity: $29.56 + H.S.T.
- Event with a dance with 1-100 capacity: $41.13 + H.S.T.
- Event with a dance with 101-300 capacity: $59.17 + H.S.T.
- A fee is paid to Re:Sound for the right to use music which is copyright. Re:Sound represents the rights of artists and record companies.
- Event without a dance with 1-100 capacity: $9.25 + H.S.T.
- Event without a dance with 101-300 capacity: $18.51 + H.S.T.
- Event with a dance with 1-100 capacity: $13.30 + H.S.T.
- Event with a dance with 101-300 capacity: $26.63 + H.S.T.